EASYOFFICE

ca after MBA

Page no : 2

CMA Arif Farooqui (Cost Accountant) (4798 Points)
Replied 02 September 2010

Originally posted by : Sudeshna Mazumdar

Actually I am also planing to go for CA, after completion of my MBA( Final is on coming Aporil-2010-IISWBM). I know it is little hard to cop up with the decision specially when it is CA. I know it is really not to easy to stick with the decision. But still I wanna to take a chance.

What do u think frnd ??

Sudeshna .......

first wait to see what packeage u got after final placement when u finshed MBA.then decided whether to do or not to do CA.  there is will, there is way.

@sr (student) (40 Points)
Replied 02 September 2010

Originally posted by : Rajesha

Hi Arif,

Great answer. i have similar doubts in my mind. I am Gold Medalist in B.com and also in MBA and i am working as Business analyst in India's most reputed IT company. I have 3 years experience in Banking and Financial services IT products as Business analyst.

I also intended to pursue CA. but it will take 5 years n i have to leave the job where i am earning 7.5 Lakh PA.

Dear friends please let me know whether CFA will benifit in my career. I have registered for ICWAI also. But i am unable to justify that.

Please share your views

hi rajesha

i believe its a wise decision from your perspective, given you are earning a handsome 7.5 lac pa and are in the field of business analyst.

CFA would help you primarily in corporate finance and equity research related line. if you have any interest in that field, you can surely go for CFA, it'll add value that you can use in future.

in my opinion, ca is not going to help that much as CA's are primarily seen to be experts in the field of accounts, tax and audit and most often are given work related to that ONLY. however, MBA's are seen as kind of versatiles who could be placed over CA's, depending on the institution of your MBA and of course your own capability. but barrring a handful exceptions, its is not the other way round.

hope it helped you.

good luck!!

1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks a lot Srijan...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro