Easy Office
LCI Learning

Bird eye view of CA PE 2 & PCC results..You cant miss it

Page no : 2

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 29 January 2010

Originally posted by : Viswanath

This clearly shows the attitude of ICAI. They want to make big money from PE II & Old intermediate students by failing us and to forcebly converting to PCC/IPCC, to pay huge fees once again to ICAI to continue to study? this professional course (curse).

This is too much that pass percentage is not even two digit for the last two attempts. In one way ICAI encouraging private coaching centres like Superwiz, Masterminds, Emeralds etc...by making huge money.

Even CA course is also coming to the net of  education mafia.. like EAMCET, etc..

Before 10 years you can count on fingures how many coaching centres in AP for CA Course. Now you can see a drastic change in the number of coaching centres in AP for CA Coaching. Is this not encouragement by ICAI for private coaching centres by failing students as they like manner.?

How can a poor/middle income group student can accomplish his dreams of becoming a CA without coaching in this present scenario (except a few people who are god blessed to pass CA without coaching).

I never believe that ICAI promoting the coaching institute... 10 years back there was a fear in the mind for selecting the carriculam as CA... Before taking the decision, many will fear to join the CA... The inflow to the course were too low ...So lower potential for coaching class One thing is sure...The main reason for flourishing the coaching centre is the attitude of CA student... Attending the Coaching like a fashion and failure also fashion There is big dis appointment for PE2 ...in the year 2007 there was a good time for PE 2 student... Now new baby come in to the family..Then who will consider the grown babay... IF the coaching centre flourish ...only the students and the parents are responsible... Some of the parents were blindly believe that sending good coaching class then the student will automaticaly become CA.... IT is not true...

Rithik modi (student) (31 Points)
Replied 29 January 2010

thank u very much ...apne ye info. kahase liiiii sir..hame to batao...

Replied 29 January 2010

Originally posted by : rithik modi
thank u very much ...apne ye info. kahase liiiii sir..hame to batao...

Dear Ritik This is the attitude towards CA carriculam now...

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 29 January 2010

I agree with Mr. Vivek.

Now-a-days; since number of students are huge; too much is discussed about CA hence other students are also attracted to do CA.

Without knowing the standards of CA curriculum; students and parents tend to select CA as the career.

In one of my article 'ONE SHOT SUCCESS IN CA' I have described it in details :

What I want to say is - at the initial level of CPT; guide should be taken for the whole CA Profession. It is my experience that students come to know only about CPT. Despite explaining them that CPT is not the only criteria to get success in CA. The real test will start soon after you pass CPT. But answer which I found is that – “We (student and parents) will see later after CPT.” And they really see what happens after CPT ! When proper guidance is given they ignore it and when result is failure then they say we were not given proper guidance!

The above materials can be referred at the following link :

/articles/one-shot-success-in-ca-4051.asp

Since results are likely to be declared very soon hence we are eager to know how many students will get success (nobody sees the tear of ......)

SO I APPEAL TO ALL STUDENTS, CA AND THE PARENTS TO BE WITH THE UNSUCCESSFUL STUDENTS "ALL THE TIME" FOR SOME DAYS SPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE DEPRESSED WHICH MAY LEAD TOWARDS SUICIDE. DON'T FORGET IT FOR THE SAKE OF CA PROFESSION !

Replied 29 January 2010

Papa kahate hain bada naam karega  ....beta hamara CA kaam karega....magar yeh to koi na jaane...yea mere mansil mui quil hain...

The parents  have ambition about their  children...That is true....But they must pay due attention of their interest of children...in  teen age the students were lack in making a right decision...But no option...prestige issue or other reason.....Students also not know what is CA and what is the difficultied behind that........Join the course...giving money to Coaching concern ...mugging up and start studying....this is the first disatear....

I had one freind he had joined the CA because i had cleared PE 2 stage that point of time..........

He had sound knewledge about coaching centres in chennai...he had revealed his intention to his parents .....They got happy because they never expected the same from his soon....

He had registered for CA given money for booking the class and also promised to his parents that he will clear the both group of CA in the first  attempt itself....
he had one year left from the date of joining the coaching class....He telling to all about securing the rank and trying for the rank....One year he had worked hard and devoted full energy to studies only...last 3 month before he joined with me for combined studies and i undersood his many weakness ...I suggested him for some improvement..he ignored it and teasing me....I advised him to focuz on any group...He told that trying for rank in CA PE 2....Finaly ended up with failure.........In the subject he had worked well scored least mark....He had did the same mistake again...The result was the same...he failed for aggregate.....He become mentaly depressed because of the pressure imposed by his parents and relatives.....finaly he come to my end for help and i suggested him to write group wise and good focuz on the subject...He had cleared that time with two exemption level mark.....

What is the moral....Setting  a high level goal is good...but it should be achievable....Second never be over confident........Third understand the strength and weakness...Fourth.........Coaching will not lead you to success unless you are self dependent....This is the moral of the story for many CA studnets ....Observe the failure and do the reverse of them....You can succeed ...Or Observe the successful and do the same ....This story is not cooked but a real life story.....

1 Like

Replied 29 January 2010

GREAT SHARING.

I THINK IT IS ENOUGH TO OPEN "E Y E S" (Earnestl-y-Experience-Shared)!

So many students "show" their hands when they are eager to do CA; but the moment the results are declared the "show" their head....

Students who have not appeared well  (show-show quality) in the examination ; should not be disappointed when the results are declared. They may have to bear the effect of "aggregate."  If you have not performed very well in at least 2 papers; hopes are less that you will get through. Prepare your mind set right now to get success in next attempt.....without fail.....

See my article 'SECOND SHOT SUCCESS IN CA" at the following link.

/articles/second-shot-success-in-ca-4172.asp

1 Like

Replied 29 January 2010

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA
GREAT SHARING.

I THINK IT IS ENOUGH TO OPEN "E Y aE S" (Earnetl-y-Experience-Shared)!

So many students "show" their hands when they are eager to do CA; but the moment the results are declared the "show" their head....

Thank you very much ...The incident was real ...he is now doing CA final and attending the coaching class in chennai...

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 30 January 2010

June (09) PE-2 Result - too low result , why ?

Replied 30 January 2010

Originally posted by : CA Ravi sisodia , ACA. LCS.
June (09) PE-2 Result - too low result , why ?

Good question Mr Ravi.... The fact thatthe result for PE 2 previous june was very dis appointing.... It is showing the attitude of ICAI....There was an option for converting PCC and Pcc to IPCC... There is no reason as far as me is concerned ...expect this time good result for them...

Vikas Gupta (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (16295 Points)
Replied 30 January 2010

Thanks

Replied 31 January 2010

In my opinion, ICAI's focus is on ATC course.

Till now; "usefulness" of ATC course is not fully known.

Soon we may hear that in respect of at least big corporte houses; it may be made compulsory for them to get signed their Accounting Statements by one qualified ATC.

Many times it was felt specially in small cities that CA Inter/PE-II/PCC passed students were compared with Non-qualified Accountants.  And accordingly; they were not paid properly by the businessmen.  Six years ago I raised this question before the Institute to take "care of" such candidates. 

During my CA Inter exam; one Bimal Khated guided me about peculiarities of CA profession which I was not knowing then.  I realize all the time that this guy guided me better than my other colleagues and CA. I learned a lot from his mistakes.

This Bimal Khated; while pursuing articleship at Singhi & Co., caught one major loophole in 1980s in "Inventory Control" at one well known PSU which employed 44 qualified CA then.  This guy passed CA Inter but could not pass CA Final till 12 years. (This example  was told by me one year before in one of the Regional Conference of WICASA to the students explaining the importance of training where our Central Council Member Mr. Adukia was also present).

This is not the single case. Thousands of such candidate we may find.

They were not given proper "value" either by the Institute or by the Businessmen. 

(The students should learn from the above example -  they are in much better position than before).

Since he could not pass CA for a long time; hence he had to be with CA firm  which paid him too less for his invaluable services.

After introduction of IFRS, finalization of books would be typical one.  First of all; the Institute has to make arrangement for the members so that they are well equipped with IFRS knowledge.   Three years ago in one of the National Conference of CA at Surat; our then Finance Minister Mr. Chidambaram told that passing of CA will be a dream in future.  I think that future has come. 

Still I hope that PCC results would be good enough; as the Institute’s focus is on to the maintain a large number of  qualified accountants so that in future “unqualified accountants” would be out from the market. This will increase the quality of the Statement of Accounts.  This will  further increase the quality of Auditing also.  

SO WE CAN HOPE A BETTER RESULT LIKELY TO BE DECLARED ON TOMORROW.

Replied 31 January 2010

There are great number of semi qualified candidate who still not cleared their final and granting ATC will make a good recogonisation to them..It will be an interim relaxation for the CA students....ATC will surely benefited to the small business firm and organisation...During the articleship students were undergoing the articleship. Along with the articleship and ATC will make the difference for the CA inter mediate...

There was a big disappointment for CA PE 2 student results is concerned with previous attempt and the PCC results seeming to be good trend..I dont know the fate of PCC after the IPCC exam comes in to effect...

Replied 31 January 2010

Second, students have an attitude of success through short cut ...If you invest for self studies , it will take much of your time of studies...Second blind believe that coaching will make their goal

Third less important on practical aspect.......Bunking the class and attending the coaching classe... Now there is a restriction in this connection....What our RBI do when inflation happens in the economy  adjusting interest rate to cope with inflation or deflation, else the economy will crash,,,,Like wise, ICAI doing for the benefit of you only...What is the purpsoe of taking CA course...good carrer and good life....Suppose , if you have no job situation after qualifying ???? Passing % now become 7.08%...Infact , i think the number of students who had passing have not much difference but there is a difference in number of student who is appearing in the exam.......(.Passing no of student/no of student appearing CA*100)

Replied 01 February 2010

:/Dear buddies, there was dramatic ending of the  PCC/IPCC/PE2 results... There is no press release  of results...we can wait for the same tommorow...

Generaly speaking the results of PE 2 was not good just like the previous attempts... There is a good figure of result for PCC and IPCC...Just like WDV method...In the beginng of the year ,good results and reducing down over a period of year

There was a golden time as far as PE 2 students were concerned...Now the competion was increased further by introduction of PCC and IPCC...

(Guest)

Hi

We are looking for Article Clerks for a reputed Audit Firm in Chennai. Good exposure to Accounts, Audit and other specialized areas. If you are interested, please revert.

You can also refer your friends.

NOTE: If you are completed or undergoing article, kindly refer your friends.

Thanks and Regards

Hema R

SSS Placement Consultants Pvt Ltd

Contact Number: 044-42127730/9841430083

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: