Best chance lies at 1st attempt.

Abhishek chauhan (Audit Assisstant) (59 Points)

08 October 2012  
Here comes the Nov 2012 exam and i suppose every CA student would be making every minute count as it is the last month before exams. M a final student and giving 2nd group. If i see back last few years i hav become habitual of giving exams at every 6 months. Thats the life of most of the CA final students. Well m not gonna give any tips for preperations. Honestly speaking every CA student knows that there is no other way than to go through every single topic of our study materials. Some students start judging their preperations now and in case they find their preperations are not enough they lose their confidence, give up and leave it for the next attempt. This generally happens with those who are giving their 1st attempt whether ipcc or final. As far as I experienced I must tell you that this is YOUR BEST CHANCE TO QUALIFY WITH LESS EFFORTS, and I can give reasons for my statement- FIRST, in the first attempt you are having recently done your classes, if you have properly listened to the teachers, you need to revise once and recall all your concepts and one month is enough for that. WHILE in the next attempts you might find it very hard to recall what you have been taught. SECONDLY, you need not worry about the ammendments as whatever you have read is the ammended course and most of the paper consists of recent ammendments. Generally students who hav given attempts in past get confused with the ammendments or sometimes ignore them. It is hard to keep modifying whatever you feeded to your mind earlier, even the Practising CAs sometimes get confused with ammendments. LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST thing that you are having mental confidence subsequent to the success in the previous stages (CPT/IPCC) while after giving 1 or 2 attempts you are not really that confident of yourself. And i hope i need not tell the advantages of self confidence to a CA student. M I right?? So at last i will suggest you not to lose your confidence and go with the positive frame of mind, study hard and try your best to make it in your first or second attempt only, believe me you are required less efforts now than later. All the best for your exams. Dont panic and do your best.