Belated Revised Return AY 2021-22 ?

Amarjeet Kaur (self employed) (108 Points)

10 May 2022  

Dear Sirs,

I filed my return (ITR3) for AY 2021-22 on 29th August 2021 & verified it on same day. According to it I am entitled for a refund of about Rs. 18830/-. But my return has not so far been assessed. I had a chat with the help chat-bot & as per his advice raised a grievance. It was replied that the return is assessed within 90 days (although 8 months have already elapsed). Then I talked to CPC on toll free number & was advised that during August 2021, the portal was not stable & it may take some more time.

A few days ago, I came to know about AIS and I downloaded the same for AY 2021-22. From it I found that I had not included an Interest on FD Income of Rs. 11,239.00 in my return by mistake. Actually, it was an e-FD & its maturity amount including the said interest was automatically credited to my account on due date. No TDS was deducted. It may probably, be the reason for non-assessment.

My taxable income in the return was 2,35,790/- & even if I include the skipped amount in a revised return, my taxable income would be well below the threshold limit of 3,00,000/- (for senior citizens)

Some one kindly advise the options available to me, as the last date for filing a revised return for AY 2021-22 (i.e. 31st March 2022) is already over.