Balancesheet preparation

Hi Every one,

Please make me clear for the below query

As if i am preparing balance sheet , do i need to first complete Liabilities Details after that Assets back i hwhile filling values?

Is there any order like i need to fill this section first after that this one?

Long back i heard that ,first we have to fill Liabilities first,reason is that what your business owes to outsoders and after that Assets,what your business ownes and concluded that have to fill and complete liabilities first.

Waiting for reply with good explanation meaning.

Replies (3)

Well your idea behind the query is more of ethical than logical, uptill now I haven't studeied any such fact about Balance Sheet. However different people have different approach to the making of BS, like I go in order of the ledger accounts that is arranged in the trial balance. Whichever a/c i encounter, I place it in its place in the BS regardless of it being an asset or a liability.

 

I do have friends who first fill either side of the Balance Sheet then corresponding side, however not as a rule that the liability side has to be managed first.

 

Though, we do have groups in both sides which contain the ledger accounts, all we have to ensure while BS preparation is that these groups are properly maintained and all accounts are categorised in the requisite group only. Anyway do consult others as well, I could be wrong I guess.

Hi Mayank,

I agree up to some extent but not completely

Hi All,

Hi Mayank Gee, You have said " Ethical and Logical" when i have asked the same with the seniors, they replied that, if you are good at accounting concepts and convents what ever the question i have mentioned above is perfectly correct.

Accounting concepts and conventions are pillars based on these only accounting standards has built up... 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details