Easy Office
LCI Learning

Articleship_URGENT

Page no : 2

S.Raghunathan (Chartered Accountant) (21 Points)
Replied 24 December 2010

Rehman

tell ur friend to inform the Institute if his grivence is genuine. It is nice  to look that u want to help ur friend. Pl again I am repeating, tell ur friend to inform the Institute if it is really genuine. I am sure with the present rules and regulations, the Insitute is following, no auditor will remain silent in payment of stipend to his article clerk. If i am not mistaken, please ascertain the fact, and also advise the affected party to write to the Insitute.

CA Tushar kabra (B.com CA.Final student)   (42 Points)
Replied 24 December 2010

ICAI issued notification on Transfer/Termination of Articleship allowed Transfer during the first year of articles

n a major flexibility for CA aspirants, the CA Institute, regulator of the chartered accountancy profession, has given articled clerks a choice to opt out of the existing arrangement with a principal during the first year of articleship. “Articled clerks can now transfer to another practicing chartered accountant in the first year. Earlier, there was a blanket ban and no transfer was permissible for all three years.

“Now, we are giving students an option to transfer in the first year. But for the second and third year, the restrictive clauses will continue to apply,” Mr Amarjit Chopra, ICAI President, told BusinessLine, here.

An articled clerk is a trainee attached to a practicing chartered accountant.

There is a deed of articles for the duration of three years.

Hitherto, CA students were unable to transfer to other firms even if the existing one did not suit his or her requirement.

“Many occasions, students felt they had entered a wrong firm or there was no compatibility with the principal. But now the flexibility to transfer is being provided.

“This will benefit both the student and the principal,” Mr Chopra said.

Thanks & Regards

JK Gupta (student) (69 Points)
Replied 28 December 2010

Mr.S.Raghunathan

sir 

Telling or informing to institue is not going to work much...im telling u a case which i came to knw frm sumwhr..tht thr is a article who is not getting stipend,when informed to institute thn icai asked his principal to pay stipend..frm tht day his principal is giving stipend by a/c payee cheque but also collecting the same amount in cash moreovr tht guy is paying travelling expenses for going to audit from his pocket...& if he is dont do so ..his principal is threatening him not to give him completion certificate or do sumthing bad

Nw in tht case wt can a article who has no power...do...

from my point of view...the step taken frm our president is gud..bt thr shud also b a clause..whr if a article is taken transfer due to wrng doings of his principal on him thn article will get the tranfer straight away & his principal will get punished or fined

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: