Article on CA Hanuman

Naren Ravishankar (Analyst) (58 Points)

24 August 2010  

Article on CA HANUMAN - Please see the earlier article also

Anjaneyar temple in alwarpet, chennai is a perfect spot for a morning dharshan of shri rama's faithful and loving servant sree anjaneyar,the temple is located inside TNCSARD BANK premises and taken care by the bank,sri baktha anjaneyar can be seen in standing posture with his hands praying to lord rama,anjeneyar sanidhi is surrounded by two neem trees and people throng here on saturdays and thursdays which are known to be auspicious for hanuman dharshan.Sri baktha anjaneyar is known to bless all the people step into his temple(CA aspirants visit the temple regularly to clear their exams) on thursdays students bring their halltickets to the temple and seek the blessings of the lord.Hanuman is also known to clear the obstacles in marriage so men and women offer their prayers here.To offer a vadamaalai to anjaneyar it costs 150 Rs and a butter dressing(vaenai kaapu) or sandalwood dressing(sandhana kapu) to the lord may cost 300-350 Rs and need to booked a weeks advance, yearly hanuman jayanthi, sri rama navami are celebrated here and a cup of puliyodharai and laddu distributed on these days have divine taste,on puratassi saturdays lord is decorated with gold ornaments(thanga kavasam),on saturdays visit the temple on 7.30am to witness the abishegam done to the lord with milk,honey,sandal paste,curd and fruits after the abishegam the milk laced with honey is given as prasadham which is known to cure diseases and the sandal paste for our forehead and the delicious pongal are also given as prasadham.The temple as said is well maintained by the bank buses like 12b,12g halt here and mylapore railway station is the nearest, the temple is situated next to MCTM school alwarpet.

Here is a youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc4yxcLK75I .

If you want to download a more clearer photo , please type CA Anjaneyar alwarpet in google images . You will get many photos - It will ideally be the first photo - In a calendar format - With Bank Anjaneyar written in caption . He is the lord you have to approach

An extract of another article

One and only Alwarpet Anjaneyar Temple

Well, I deliberately left out this place in my Mylapore stuff since it can't be a passing reference and needs one full episode as I have a special attachment to this temple dating back to 1980’s from my college days.

The small little temple is situated inside the Co-op Bank building premises near the Alwarpet corner 1 km away from Luz corner and also known as Co-op Bank Anjaneyar/ CA Anjaneyar since many budding CA students believed in this Anjaneyar temple more than the exam papers or the way they had prepared for the exams and most of them also passed with flying colors with frequent visits to the temple as the results day approached. For almost 8 years I continuously visited this temple on Thursday evenings come sun shine or rain and many of my office friends and colleagues joined me as the years went by and it became a must visit place on Thursdays. Of course the crispy vadas used for the vada malais as well as the nearby Canopy food joint with its hot idlies was an added attraction. I have seen lots of celebrities over the years inside the premises like old actor Srikanth, Chinni Jayant, Poornima Bhagyaraj, Cho Ramswami, Police commissioners, Judges of Madras High court, SPB, some famous doctors and so on and so forth going around the temple 9 times with absolute silence.

Even today the temple remains in it's same small place and the little tree inside a thulasi madam once destroyed by rain has grown back again and the Deity continues to be powerful attracting the rich and poor alike who flock to the temple especially on Thursdays and Saturdays and the offerings like vada malai, vennai kappu etc are booked much in advance.

Though it's outside the boundaries of Mylapore, the temple is an ideal add on to the other attractions of Mylapore and is a crown in the jewel of Alwarpet's growing clout in the city also housing some famous names like Kamal, Vasan(Moopanar), KB and a host of other eminent personalities.

RK

Good day and god bless