Easy Office
LCI Learning

Are you aware? plz read it till the end, I beg.

Page no : 2

priyanka narale (PCC student) (407 Points)
Replied 23 December 2008

What is subprime crisis? How it caused financial mayhem?
Although there are many reasons responsible for bringing the world to the doorstep of financial doom, the main cause of this financial disaster is said to be the sub-prime loan.'
So what is this sub-prime loan? And why has it caused global panic?

Sub-prime mortgage loans (or housing loans or junk loans) are very risky. But since profits are high where the risk is high, a lot of lenders get into this business to try and make a quick buck.

A sub-prime loan

Sub-prime loans are dicey as they are given to people with unstable incomes or low creditworthiness. These individuals are not financially sound enough to be given a loan when judged under the strict standards that should normally be followed by a bank or lending institution.

Now tell me, while auditing banks, auditors r supposed to get into the pros and cons of such lending i.e see whether enough security is provided, NPA, etc. Am I right?

Pooja Chopda (Practising Chartered Accountant)   (931 Points)
Replied 23 December 2008

Priyanka,

U know what this problem is not just with CA community. In fact it is not just about our profession. It is about values of a person. And we humans specially Indians are value less. It is a very shameful thing as Indian culture is supposed to be full of VALUES & our profession is considered to be ethical.

Natwar Agrawal ( Student- CA- final BBA)   (276 Points)
Replied 23 December 2008

Priyanka,

I really appreciate ur thoughts & hope the aforesaid will have deep impact among us & CA community.

Kuldeep Dwivedi (Student) (50 Points)
Replied 23 December 2008

I appriciate your thoughts. Keep it up... we must take oath to change the present system. India is still a backward county 'coz of this. We will make it super power of the world.

CA ABHISEK KUMAR SINGHANIA (SERVICE) (276 Points)
Replied 24 December 2008

Hi Priyanka....1st  of al i wan 2 thanks u 4 bringin suc a daring article in front of all the members of dis community.....

C "life is full of sobs,sniffles,crying n happiness" again......so the bad times thru wic ur frnd is pasing is nt bcoz of u but bcoz of his fate....Days were nt d same always, his days vl also turn.......i kno v r human being n can't stop but curse ourself n God for al d crime. U r givin ur stipend 2 ur frnd is really a act of genorisity but stil d boy had 2 change his fate by his acts only....."Merely commiting a suicide is nt a ryt answer"....After all "Dukh ke baad hi sukh milta hai"...Bliv in God....

Now 4 CA's doin suc act is nthin new in dis World of ours.....U r new to d articleshp so ur seein dis but abt 70% of CA's doin dis 4m years n years....Dis article vl nt chang dem...Its v who can make a change by being a better CA nt only by our profession but also by our heart....

Thank u

Abhisek Singhania

Nikhil Kumar (CA , Qualified CPA) (910 Points)
Replied 10 January 2009

Agree with Priyanka!!

But some solid steps need to be taken here.

shailesh agarwal (professional accountant)   (7642 Points)
Replied 10 January 2009

NOW YOU HAPPY DREAM COME TRUE

(Guest)

Hi Priyanka !

I feel very pity on that boy. May god bless him. You shouldn't be guilty. In share market these things happen. But one should not invest his whole of savings in shares without having a very strong portfolio.

Sometimes CA's need to help their clients to comply legal requirements and to make them aware for further. But there should be limit. It should not go beyond public Interest. It depends upon circumstances.

P V K (Asst. Manager (Finance & Accounts))   (202 Points)
Replied 10 January 2009

CA's who r not true to profession should punish sevirely means others should not do that again and again......

Manmohan ACA, CS (Chartered Accountant ) (14243 Points)
Replied 17 March 2009

I AGREE WITH YOU ALL BUT THE PROBLEM THAT PEOPLE BELIVES IN ONLY SPEAKING PROVOKING WORDS, WE ALL ARE STUDENT BUT FORCED BY OUR CA TO DO UNETHICAL WORKS.

I ALSO GONE THROUGH THE SAME PROBLEM

THEY SAID NOTHING IS ILLEGAL AND WRONG IN PRACTICAL FIELD.

WHENEVER AN ARTICLE TRACE OUT ANY BIG MISTAKE AND FRAUD, EMPLYER JUST MAKES A CALL AND SETTLE THE BY DEMADING A PORTION.

THE PEER REVIEW ADOPTED BY CA INSTITUTE IS ALSO USE LESS.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: