EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

ARE MARKS SCORED BY YOU UPTO MARK ?

Page no : 2

Sudev Namboothiri (CA FINAL) (432 Points)
Replied 02 February 2010

i dont know whether institute is manipulating the result or not but i'm failed..

i got only 19 in costing i had expected more than 45...

very sad....

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 02 February 2010

THOSE WHO ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE MARKS SHOULD GO FOR RECHECKING WITHOUT FAIL !

IN PREVIOUS ATTEMPTS SO MANY STUDENTS GOT INCREASED MARKS UPTO 20 IN COSTING.

TAKE THE BENEFIT OF OPPORTUNITY, IT MAY CHANGE YOUR RESULT FROM NEGATIVE TO POSITIVE.

Replied 02 February 2010

If any student has confidence that his paper attempt was fine but marks are not upto expectation; all should go for rechecking.

There is undue fear among the students; that Institute can reduce the marks specially when one has got exemption in one subject.

1 Like

CA HARPREET SINGH (Job) (317 Points)
Replied 02 February 2010

The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Examination Results, Nov 2009

Professional Competence Examination Results

ROLL Number
62982  *Check Merit
Name
HARPREET SINGH WADHWA
Group II
Cost Accounting & Financial Management
Taxation
Information Technology and Strategic Management
Total
Result
PASS
Grand Total

Check Another Roll Number || Home

Hosted by National Informatics Centre

Disclaimer:The result given is correct at the time of release of the result by the Institute which accepts no responsibility thereafter for errors or omissions caused as a result of their transmission via the Internet or their downloading or printing by the user. For any clarifications / confirmation please address your enquiries to the Additional Secretary (Exams), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 'ICAI BHAWAN', Post Box No. 7112, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi - 110 002.
ICAI Home Page

roopa (b.com) (364 Points)
Replied 02 February 2010

even am not satisfied .. i got cost/ fm - 48, tax-48,info tech-54... total exactly 150...was expecting more in infotech and tax yaar......but bit happy as i have cleared..

Replied 03 February 2010

Congratulations to the successful students. 

The day before of the declaration of results; I hoped that results would be somewhat liberal which is evident from so many students scroing 40s in some subjects. See the marks sheet of Harpreet. Exact 40 in one subject. Hence he has been passed.

Marks are not upto marks because of lack of the presentation skills. It is my opinion. That is why Harpreet scored good marks in practical subjects but less in theory subjects.

Guys, whether you agree with me ?

Replied 03 February 2010

So many students passed at margin. 

Congratulations to the students and Thanks to the Institute.

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

Indeed good effort Sir.

But students are not ready to focus on their presentation skills and writing techniques in theory paper like law and audit. Have shared many tips for theory paper but all useless. Thats why no body responded to my feed back post yesterday. I think this is also the fault of ICAI like always...We are always ready to blame ICAI. What say??? Very disappointed yaar...

Replied 03 February 2010

Making group of students is the dire need of Ca  Community. 

Until the students make  Groups; they will not be able to get maximum benefits of the CA Curriculum. Since students do not react with each other regarding their studies and training areas; hence subject remains subject  and not as an area of practice which is likely to be selected after qualification.

It is true; students just read the comments  but don't take right action. They just comment as Thanks (sometimes Advance Thanks !). They do not fix their problems. 

Presentation skills are not upto mark which is the major reason of failure. Many times basic concepts are not clear although it is well known to all. For example; I asked ICWA Final Students - what are Accounting Principles ? Nobody could answer.  I am sure; if they replied; we might have a lot of answers which are far from correct answer.

I agree with you what you wrote above. I have seen hardly 1 or 2% of the readers react on the Articles and Write Up of the writer. They forget that a writer has to devote at least 3-4 days to write an Article. In some cases; it takes even 15 days. Readers do not react which is lacuna on their part. If they react; many of them will improve their presentation skills by this way.

Many times courtesy is not shown to the boss.  Many cannot make their principal happy. Then how they can take the best from the training ?

The problem area may be converted into an opportunity if students hit hard on the problem.  CA/CS/ICWA students are lacking in presentation skills only if we compare them with MBA students.

Due to this single point; our students face difficulties at the time of interview. I surprised to note that an article covering "COVERING LETTER........" got so many hits on caclubindia.

It shows that what they possess about their writing skills.

Annyhow, Dear Ankur, we should continue to do our best.  If only 2% readers are benefited; I think our work is over. 

During my articleship; I was misguided by many CAs and Students. Only one CA Bimal Khated (then student of CA final for 10 years !) told me the peculiarities of CA profession.  That is why I am here ! I salute and remember him manytimes although the incident happened before 25 years (silver jubilee year).

Replied 03 February 2010

Please continue sharing.

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

Fully agree with you==We should continue to do our best.

Replied 03 February 2010

Many students donot agree with the marking made by the Institute.

We live in majority but regarding CA we should accept the minority (Rankers and Successful Students are in minority).  They never complaint about CA Institute.

Why ?..........

The students should understand about the marking. 

Although; I also agree with students that some manipulations are made. Before 30 years one genius Mr. .......Jain (I don't remember the name; but he is brother of my classmate Rajendra Jain) challenged the Institute regarding his marks.  First he made arrangement  with the Institute's clerk and knew that (-) 10 marking (called as general deduction) is there in Law.

The Hon'ble High Court gave the judgment in the favour of the above student and he has to be declared as passed.  In my knowledge; this is the only incidence in CA History to challenge the Institute.

But; I don't raise more question on the quality of the Institute except one.

According to me and my  fellows' opinion; somewhat is there which is not acceptable.  Previously; only WELL KNOWN  PEOPLE  OF CA PROFESSION DARE TO  FIGHT ELECTION which is not so now.

I come to the main question again regarding marking pattern of the Institute.

Students should share their views on the matter. Might be possible that they have some misconception. 

It is very hard to break misconception; although if concept is not clear; it may be cleared soon.

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15607 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

ANKUR SIR......WE ARE ALWAYS THANKFUL YOU SIR..................

I WILL DEFENELTY APPLY  UR TIPS IN MAY EXAM.......ITS REALLY VALUABLE......

PLEASE............KEEP SHARING...SUCH VALUABLE ADVICE.....................

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15607 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg

Indeed good effort Sir.

But students are not ready to focus on their presentation skills and writing techniques in theory paper like law and audit. Have shared many tips for theory paper but all useless. Thats why no body responded to my feed back post yesterday. I think this is also the fault of ICAI like always...We are always ready to blame ICAI. What say??? Very disappointed yaar...

ANKUR SIR......WE ARE ALWAYS THANKFUL YOU SIR..................

I WILL DEFENELTY APPLY  UR TIPS IN MAY EXAM.......ITS REALLY VALUABLE......

PLEASE............KEEP SHARING...SUCH VALUABLE ADVICE.....................

Replied 03 February 2010

Some students have scored high marks in some subjects than their expectation.

What we should conclude.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: