Easy Office
Easy Office

Analysis OF Housing Loan (Sec 80c and 24B)

Page no : 3

CA Navin Jain (MANAGER (FINANCE & ACCOUNTS))   (11768 Points)
Replied 22 July 2011

If the loan in the name of the only one person then only that person can claim the deduction u/s 80c and 24b

Samir (ACA) (113 Points)
Replied 22 July 2011

Hello Navin Sir,

In my case there are 3 Co-owners and Co-borrowers of a House. Assessee, his Wife and his Father.

1.)                The joint holders share in the House is not equal. But mutually they have decided share the EMI and Loan obligation in equal share. Now can all of the 3, claim exemption u/s 80C and Sec 24(b) in proportion 1/3rd each.

2.)                The EMI is deducted from the assessee’s account and his wife and Father are reimbursing him, their respective share of EMI in Cash and sometimes by cheque, Can all of the 3, claim exemption u/s 80C and Sec 24(b) in proportion 1/3rd each

3.)                Should he for safety sake add his father and wife’s name as joint holders in his personal Savings account .

Replied 22 July 2011

@ samir

If the loan in the name of the only one person then only that person can claim the deduction u/s 80c and 24b

Samir (ACA) (113 Points)
Replied 22 July 2011

Hello Navin Sir,

I repeat  and clarify that the house is in name of all three persons and loan is also in names of all three persons Assessee, his Wife and his Father.

Thus my question is:

1.)                The joint holders share in purchasing the House is not equal. But they have jointly taken loan and mutually they have decided share the EMI and Loan obligation in equal share. Now can all of the 3, claim exemption u/s 80C and Sec 24(b) in proportion 1/3rd each.

2.)                The EMI is deducted from the assessee’s account and his wife and Father are reimbursing him, their respective share of EMI in Cash and sometimes by cheque, Can all of the 3, claim exemption u/s 80C and Sec 24(b) in proportion 1/3rd each

3.)                Should he for safety sake add his father and wife’s name as joint holders in his personal Savings account .

Replied 22 July 2011

Hello Navin Sir,

I repeat  and clarify that the house is in name of all three persons and loan is also in names of all three persons Assessee, his Wife and his Father.

Thus my question is:

1.)                The joint holders share in purchasing the House is not equal. But they have jointly taken loan and mutually they have decided share the EMI and Loan obligation in equal share. Now can all of the 3, claim exemption u/s 80C and Sec 24(b) in proportion 1/3rd each.

ANS:- THERE IS NO MATER OF THE SAHRE IN PURCHASING, THE DEDUCTION WILL BE ALLOWED ONLY IN THE LOAN RATIO TAKEN BY EACH ONE.

ANS;- YES, ALL CAN CALIM THE DEDUCATION, NO MATTER OF THE SOURCE OF PAYMENT

ANS;- YES, YOU CAN DO THAT FOR ANY FUTURE MISUNDERSTANDING WITH IT DEPARTMENT

K.Sivakumar (Chartered Accountant) (60 Points)
Replied 25 August 2011

Hi Navin,

I am looking for some material which can be quoted/produced in Assessment proceedings to claim the benefit of Rs.1.5 lacs each (both husband and wife) under loss from HP (for a self occupied property). I was directed to your earlier posting on this which is pasted below. Can you let me know what is the basis that can be quoted for each one of the joint owners to claim the benefit of Rs.1.5 lacs each.

Thanks

Sivakumar.K

Accenture Hiring (Counsulatnt) (65 Points)
Replied 26 August 2011

Dear Friends,

Good News to all of us who has a dream to join BIG COMPANY like Accenture who is equivalent to Google & Yahoo...

Accenture is looking for their NOIDA Localtion -

B.Com, BBA, BBM, CA, ICWA, M.Com, MBA, MFM

• Work experience: 0 to 7 years of Accounting experience in

- General Accounting – R2R

General Accounting / Fixed Asset Accounting / Journal Entries / Accounts Recon and Analytics / Period Close and consolidation / Financial Reporting / Management Reporting / Regulatory Reporting / Tax Reporting / Master Data Maintenance

- Accounts Payable – P2P

Third party and Intercompany Invoices and Credits / T&E / Vendor Masterdata Maintenance / Payments and Remittances / Vendor Statement Reconciliations / Trade Credit Reconciliations / Interface Management / Payment Accuracy controls

If you / your friend have / has the above qualification then don't hesitate to shoot me your resume at - accentureindiajobss @ gmail.com

Don't delay - Opening till 20th November 2011 with limited number of opening.

Regards,
Your Friend from Accenture :)

Sandeep J Mali (Assistant) (24 Points)
Replied 30 September 2011

Thanks For Information

Amit Chadha (Salaried) (27 Points)
Replied 20 November 2011

Hi Navin,

can you please clarify about deduction of section 80C for repayment of housing loan, when the house is still under construction and possesion is not yet taken.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Amit Chadha

Replied 21 November 2011

@ Amit,

Yes you can claim the deduction under section 80C.

yogeshwaraprasad Bavireddy (Articled Assistant) (24 Points)
Replied 25 July 2012

Can we claim repayment of principal amount under section 80C before the construction is finished???

Someone is saying that to claim 80C deduction we should be living in that house property is that true??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: