An aid to concentration- white noise

CA Ashish Pathak (Employed at Cipla Ltd.) (2779 Points)

15 March 2013  

HI friends,

Greetings of the day!!!

Ever heard of sounds which helps in concentrating???

I am talking about White Noise!!!

Studying with music can help you concentrate and keep you from dying of boredom, but did you know that you can “hack” the sounds you listen to, giving you an extra little boost of brain power?

The pseudoscience of Binaural Beats is perhaps the most interesting, yet least credible way to hack your studying. By playing sounds of specific frequencies, it is thought to alter your brainwaves thus stimulating your mind and body. There are specific frequencies for focusing, alertness and even some that help you fall asleep. Give them a shot, I do not make any guarantees but many people do swear by these tonic sounds. 

These White Noises are also regarded a very effective sleeping aid-

• As part of your regular sleep routine
    Play the white noise to comfortably mask outside sounds such as traffic, TV, snoring or other disturbing noises, for a good night's sleep.
  • Relieve insomnia, sleeplessness or restlessness 
    Use white noise as an effective sleep aid, without drugs or pain medications! Its soothing sound is ideal for alleviating sleep disorders like insomnia, so that you can wake up more refreshed.

There are basically 3 Variants of these white noises-

White Noise - Contains sound across all frequencies. White noise is the most effective at blocking distractions because it covers the largest spectrum range. It's great for reading, writing, studying, and anything else that requires focus.

Pink Noise - A blend of high and low frequencies that produce a mesmerizing waterfall effect. Pink noise is great for melting away stress while keeping you alert and energized. The airy pulse creates a therapeutic environment that relaxes your mind and body.

Brown Noise - Utilizes the lower sound frequencies to generate a deep ambient rumble. Brown noise is excellent for aiding sleep, pacifying children and pets, and even masking Tinnitus. It's also great for breaking in audio equipment and soothing migraines.

The "color" of noise is based on an audio spectrum of low to high frequencies.

I am attaching a 10 minutes sample of the White Noise in mp3 format here. You may save it in your mobile phones or i-pods and play it while studying. 

Note- This attachment is in .rar format and so you will need Winzip or Winrar to extract it's contents.

Hope you find it useful.

Your appreciations as well as criticisms to this are most welcome.

Warm Regards

Ashish