Easy Office
LCI Learning

ADVANTAGES OF GIVING BOTH GROUPS 2GETHER

Page no : 2

CA Aravind (CA) (255 Points)
Replied 17 September 2010

@ sanchit

Attempt both the groups together as you have enough time till may 11.Put your best effort and dont think about rank as that itself will put additional pressure on you.However if u end up getting a rank it is well and good.I have attended classes of MP Vijaykumar and he stresses the importance of rank.It does make a difference at the start of your carrier.He says rank holders are given priority over non rank holders particlularly for ur first job.He also said that your first pay will be higher compared to others. Non rank holders will get only what is rejected by rank holders.These words are said by Mr.MPV .But it doesnt mean that if u dont get a rank u wont be successful in life.The institute has a 100%record in terms of job placement.U cant find a single CA without a job today.All the best

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Faiz Ahmed

To The Point Advantages Of Getting Rank In IPCC/Final:-

1--  You get recognition both in society and in corporate world. In corporate world it vanishes after some time because you have to perform according to the needs.

2-- Getting a rank is not a bad idea. Many Companies like ITC prefer rank holders with sound knowledge and offer good package.

3-- Once you get a rank, its presumed that you have a good hold on subjects. This helps in building good knowledge base.

4-- Never do dummy article ship in order to gain a rank. It creates a bad impression. That particular rank holder will be rejected once some practical questions are asked in interview because he will not be aware.

5-- Appearing for both groups create set off provision of marks among the papers.

At last i would say, don't aim for a rank, rather aim for knowledge with good conceptual base. If you have good knowledge with good understanding of subjects rank will touch your feet automatically. 

In addition to your CA with good knowledge, expand your horizon to courses like CS and MBA from a reputed institute. Industry expects expert service from you. You will be recognized throughout your career once you master the needs of an organisation and be updated. 

Suppose there is a rank holder in CA who has cleared in may'09. He is well placed with good organisation and earning well. He is not updating according to the needs.

Another man of same batch having fairly good hold on subjects is updating himself regularly. He is well versed in IFRS.Believe me he will not get good opportunities only in India because of IFRS convergence but in future in all those countries who will converge to IFRS. He will be able to establish himself all over the world.

So THINK BIG & AIM FOR EXCELLENCE.  

i agree thanks sir

supriya (articleship) (115 Points)

Hai

Congratulations

I would like to share my experience so that it will be useful for u.

I have wasted most of the time thinking to write both or single but bcoz of my friends pressure i have given 2 and cleared in first attempt

Dont think in such manner, it will stress ur mind.

Try to learn concept....

Then u can easily secure a rank...........

Clearing both itself i got good compliments from everyone in our office...

There is a time for u to have a proper plan and study.............

If you need any guidance there are many to guide u

But u r the one to guide urself.......

All the best

Santosh (Student ( Final Year - New ))   (348 Points)

U should go through both group. I hav cleared my both groop due to appearence in both group. U can see in first group 176 and in 2nd group 129 total ==305 and requerement was 300 only

Chirag Chordia (AIR CA,CS & B.Com) (391 Points)

@ Sanchit

I was 10 marks short from merit list in PCC may 2010..n i dont think its as tough as u think .....i did all this in just 3.5 months effectively by serious studies ./// studing nt only 4 exam bt for knowledge....

So u can do this .......

Remenber one thing in life .."Never QUIT'"

Best of Luck.

Pothuganty sudheer (Consultant, C.A, C.S) (411 Points)

Congrats on your remarkable success in CPT exams. I appreciate the dilemma you have at this point of time. I feel its better if you clear IPCC exams and Final exams in single attempt with Rank. Many Companies look for this criteria. But having said that,  this helps only for  better entry into employment  with bright opportunities compared to peers but after that what matters much is the practical application of knowledge and creativity and problem solving skills, competency etc to shine in employment.

So i feel you should maintain a balance between work and studies. Make a smart hardwork  as you did for CPT and add one more feather in your cap with good rank in IPCC.

Wishing you smart preparation, best wishes for the exams,

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn) (4898 Points)

If you are targetting a rank (having already secured a rank), go for both the groups. You have seven monhts in hand and this time is more than sufficient to prepare for IPCC. Securing a rank will always make a difference in initial take off in the career.

As far as IPCC is concerned, since Income Tax and Costing is in first group, it would not be so difficult to prepare for the second group.

There will no doubt be pressure on you to perform and you need to get used to it. Expectations are but natural given the fact that you have appeared in the merit list of CPT.

Also understand you have not featured in merit list just because of your luck. You have the mettle in you.

Believe yourself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro