Easy Office
Easy Office

actuary

Page no : 2

Mohit Jangid (Article) (141 Points)
Replied 06 March 2010

i m a final student.. can i take up dis course with taking prior permission from institute..abd i m doing b.com also.. plz advice i will fill up the form if i m clear abt it

Team UGS (Article Assistant) (88 Points)
Replied 06 March 2010

no mohit..u cant do it..u can do only one course along with ca ...

mustafa (student) (134 Points)
Replied 06 March 2010

Hi Eswaralal

I got 90 above in statistics in 12th Std

Can I register for this course

RADHIKA JALAN (agarwal) (1521 Points)
Replied 06 March 2010

what is the duration of actuary course?

eswaralal (student) (201 Points)
Replied 06 March 2010

ELIGIBILIGY TO APPLY ACTUARY COURSE.

1) Should have completed 18 years of age

2) Should have attained any one of the following Educational Standards

A)        Passed 10+2 (H.S.C) or equivalent with at least 85% in Mathematics/Statistics.

B)        Graduate or Post Graduate with Mathematical subjects. For this purpose following subjects

constitute mathematical subjects;

i.          Mathematics or any of its branches

ii.          Statistics or any of its sub classifications such as Mathematical Statistics and Applied Statistics

iii.         Econometrics

Computer Sciences

Any discipline of Engineering

Subject in Science such as Physics or its branches The admission under these groups will, however, be subject to following conditions;

The total marks secured in the subjects coming under the classification of Mathematical subjects taken together in all the years of the degree course not less than 55%.

The content of Mathematical subjects content in all the years of the course taken together is not less than 50% of the total content. This is measured by the ratio which the maximum marks allotted to Mathematical subjects in all the years of the Course bears to the total maximum marks allotted to all subjects included in the examination of the entire course excluding languages.

C)        MBA/PGDBA or equivalent in disciplines having mathematical/statistical content. Each case to be examined on case to case basis.

D)        Fully qualified members of following Professional/Educational specified as under;

i.          The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)

ii.          The Institute of Cost and Works Accountant of India (ICWAI)

iii.         The Insurance Institute of India (III) passing with subjects 81-Mathematical Basis of

Insurance and 82-Statistics Full qualification would mean completion of all required examination leading to designation based on such full qualification such as ICA in case of Institute of Chartered Accountant of India. In case of Insurance Institute of India it would however mean

Replied 06 March 2010

DURATION OF THE ACTUARY COURSE IS FOUR OR FIVE YEARS. BUT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MATHS/STATICS YOU HAVE TO FINISH THIS COURSE WITHIN THREE YEARS. YOU HAVE TO ADMIT ONLY THREE PAPERS IN ONE SITTING. EXAM ARE HELD TWICE A YEAR MAY/JUNE AND OCT/NOV.

ramarao (student) (16 Points)
Replied 06 March 2010

was there any branches in chennai? or only in Bombay?

Replied 06 March 2010

was there any practical training???? like CA...

Replied 06 March 2010

hai ramarao,

there is no branches in chennai. there is no practical training in india. its a fully self study course. but you want any training about this course means you just try the mathematics professor of madras university.

Replied 08 March 2010

thanks eawarlal for ur information....

Amrita Khanna (I am CA now) (1174 Points)
Replied 20 April 2011

Well... someone has just started www.actuaryclub.com, which proposes to be a place for Actuaries & Actuarial Aspirants... We'll I got following mail... Website seems nice, still new though, but try posting your actuarial query over there.

"Hi.. Are you an Actuary or Interested in becoming an Actuary?

We have just started a platform for Actuaries and Actuary Students who can come together and Interact - actuaryclub.com. There are many features like Discussion Forum, Social Community just like facebook - making friends, creating groups and Job Portal will also be made available in a week.

If you visit our facebook page - www.facebook.com/actuaryclub or our platform - www.actuaryclub.com, You'll be able to get more detail and We are sure that with the features of easily Interacting with fellow actuaries, you won't be unsatisfied."

sachin uday (--) (22 Points)
Replied 31 August 2012

Is their any branch in bangalore

K.V.Sriram (Student-CS FINAL & CA PCC)   (23 Points)
Replied 05 December 2012

wat happenet to that website its not working

www.actuaryclub.com,

Read more at: /forum/details.asp?mod_id=71999&offset=3
www.actuaryclub.com,

www.actuaryclub.com,

www.actuaryclub.com,

www.actuaryclub.com,