Easy Office
Easy Office

Accounts problem

Page no : 3

CA Raman Kumar (job) (132 Points)
Replied 20 June 2012

Dear it purchase AC for business purpose so it is capital expenditure not drawing and the same asset is eligible for depreciation

Ramanuj (Accountant.) (834 Points)
Replied 20 June 2012

if any  equipment used  for personal then it is treated Drawing a/c & office used then capital expediture.

pratik singhal (z) (276 Points)
Replied 20 June 2012

so it is purchase account?

Amit Kumar Verma (Article) (21 Points)
Replied 21 June 2012

If a AC Purchase by a AC Dealer and fixed it in Showroom then i think it is a Fixed Assets,

If AC is Installed in Dealer Home then it should be a Drawing 

Giriraj Sharma (Accoountant) (26 Points)
Replied 21 June 2012

I have a problem that some scrap material is sold and advance amount is received which is extra to the sales and the scrap vendor does get the extra amount back till the end of FY. how can i adjust this.  Can this be adjust in the next FY sale

naeem shaikh (ipcc student ) (132 Points)
Replied 21 June 2012

that's fixed asset

pankaj kumar (studying ) (186 Points)
Replied 21 June 2012

use ur own mind... think n den rply......... who say its purchase.

pravin singh (article) (60 Points)
Replied 25 June 2012

A company is transferring amount from cash in hand to petty cash A/c for petty expenses and the  petty cash account is maintained in Indirect espenses A/c.Is it vaild to maintain petty cash A/c in indirect expenses A/c?

In Peety cash A/c they are showing income received from cash in hand and showing expenses against it. 

Is it valid? 

Please reply?

CA Sagar Dedhia (Unemployed) (67 Points)
Replied 25 June 2012

Petty cash account can be maintained but not under indirect expenses.

Amount should be transferred from cash in hand and on excess at the end of year it should be reversed if not it should be kept as current asset.

It cannot be expensed and kept in P&L a/c

CA Karan Lodhi (CA and B.com(hons.)) (879 Points)
Replied 27 June 2012

This is capital expenditure done by the dealer.He will claim depreciation on this expenditure.

how can it be his drawings??

See the concept of drawing comes only when if the expense is personal in nature and does not belong to the business.Any amount incurred during the course of business or for smooth running of business is business expenditure hence benefit is available.

CA Karan Lodhi (CA and B.com(hons.)) (879 Points)
Replied 27 June 2012

Dear Aspirants.

We take any item bought in our purchase A/c if that item is our stock-in-trade i.e if we deal in that product or article (if we are buying that item for further purchase).In this case AC is installed in the show room so it can not be treated as purchase.

If a dealer deals in sale purchase of AC then in that case buying of AC will be journalised in purchase A/c as it (A.C) will be stock in trade in that case. Hope u understand the concept

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: