Easy Office
LCI Learning

a CA. can do job as employee as well as continue practise???

Page no : 3

CA Shiv (Business Controller) (2987 Points)
Replied 09 July 2010

Yes but its complusory to show  it even if its exempt... There are many reasons to show it...  Such like:

at time of assessments ITR of partners are callled and when if partner has not shown than Firm is in problem....

Brother,  Think Practically ... As  in my profession of CA,  i try to follow provisions...  and thts why i never give my answer on my own views...  I have worked in income tax and went in asseeesments and appeals....

As a professional person, knowledge should never be limited to  question.. Have to think all the pros and cons coming from various provisions... thats what my answer was about....

Replied 09 July 2010

Originally posted by : Sachin Jain

As a partner of CA firm, remuneration and profit share will be calculated only by 30-09-2010 (due date of filing of return for CA firm), in that case whether 31st July will stand as due date for filing income tax return even if the turnover of the firm is less than Tax Audit limit?

Regards

Why you conflicting your views by tax audit...

THIS IS CALLED CONFUSION>.......

You are saying 30th sept.... other side you saying you dont have tax audit... Than how return of firm will be done in sept..

AND IF HE IS A PARTNER OF CA FIRM THAN HOW CAN YOU ASK SUCH ILLOGICAL QUESTION BEING A CA....

Sachin Jain (Manager- Finance & Accounts)   (42 Points)
Replied 09 July 2010

Buddy leave it....i dont know wht all u r writing..understanding...making others understand (in addition your English writing is GR8)....just leave it....it is the people who will read your comments and understand....dont impose your views please...

Also you are getting Very personal which really makes me to believe about the absense of your professional etics (If you really are).

regards

Rahul Gupta (Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.))   (8014 Points)
Replied 09 July 2010

Mr Sachin Jain & Mr Shivang, I don't know what is going on here

However, i just need to clarify one thing...........

1. In case, the firm has tax audit then the date is 30-09-2010 and in such case you are allowed to file your return by 30-09-2010 (Not by 31st july).

2. In case the firm has not tax audit, then the due dates for both the firm and your salary return is 31st July. So you can easily have your share of profits by 31st July and there is no problem.

3. Regarding Mr. Rishabh Views, they are right and holds good in the scenario when there is different due date for salary and business returns not having audit (It was around 3-4 years back when sslary return date was 30th june and business return not having audit date is 31st july or August and Co. and tax audit  return date is 31st oct or so.). In present scenario its not effective.

Also Mr Sachin Jain, I am also confused yesterday with the point you said in one of your post that it was not tax audit but the return date is 30-09-2010. That created confusion in my mind too..

Anyways, I hope now you and Mr. Shivang are clear about this, so its better to close this issue. I must say not to comment upon the english writing and ethics stuff as you wrote.....

I hope both of you will not take my views in other way..and close this issue.........

Regards

Replied 09 July 2010

Mr sachin.

I can understand being professional. as i replied before... and than you raised a question of replying profession....

And i really doubt professionalism of your being a CA casue i am sure a CA wont ask such type of question where he is logically contradicting his statement....

And i am not taking  personally this matter..

But if you are really CA than i dont think you should ask such type of question... First read the provisions and than argue here.... You are most welcome here....

I doubt your degree now if UR CA.. sorry but with due respect i can say that....

thanks brother

CA Amit Kanani (Practicing CA) (338 Points)
Replied 10 July 2010

hello Mr. sachin,

Your idea abt filing revised return is not valid. U can file revised return if there ommission or wrong statement in original return. There is no sense in what u r saying. Ommission or wrong statement should not b intentional.

So, at the end of the day Mr. Shivang right and U and rishab wrong. And plz...guys don't take it personal

SOURABH PASRICHA (chartered accountant) (25 Points)
Replied 10 July 2010

AS PER OUR INSTITUTE GUIDELINES A PRACTICING CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT CANNOT BE EMPLOYED ELSEWHERE IN FULL TIME JOB.

IF HE WANT TO DO SO YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE PERMISSION FROM ICAI.

ALTHOUGH AT PRESENT SO MANY PUPIL WERE DOING THIS, BUT IT IS NOT AS PER OUR GUIDELINES.

CA.SKR (CA; CS-Final (One Group); DISA (ICAI); Insolvency Professional)   (442 Points)
Replied 10 July 2010

Agree with the reply / opinion given by CA. Shivang.

Nitin Grover (CS) (1228 Points)
Replied 13 July 2010

Dear Prateek Ya CA can do so and its called as a Retainer-ship. Regards

(Guest)
Originally posted by : RADHIKA JALAN

agreed with rahul

Agree wid RADHIKA

RATAN & RADHA

Amit Jain (Proprietor) (290 Points)
Replied 31 August 2010

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the advantage of the part time COP even when I am working as an employee in some other firm as I understand that you cannot carry on the certification/signing of audit report.

Tanumoy Bhowmick (CA IPCC student) (34 Points)
Replied 19 January 2011

IS IT TRUE THAT IF U GO FOR A GOOD JOB AFTER CLEARING CA FINALO ( SAY BIG 4, OR ANY OTHER SAME LEVEL CORPORATES) THEN A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF HIS EARNINGS FLOWS OUT AS TAX.........( I MEAN DO ALL OF THE CORPORATES DEDUCT TDS) ??

Tanumoy Bhowmick (CA IPCC student) (34 Points)
Replied 19 January 2011

IS IT TRUE THAT IF U GO FOR A GOOD JOB AFTER CLEARING CA FINALO ( SAY BIG 4, OR ANY OTHER SAME LEVEL CORPORATES) THEN A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF HIS EARNINGS FLOWS OUT AS TAX.........( I MEAN DO ALL OF THE CORPORATES DEDUCT TDS) ??

ravi ashok shah (Practice) (32 Points)
Replied 14 December 2012

hi rahul,

I have applied for COP 10 days before. And now i had an offer from a ca firm for job. What should i do now???

Can i continue my practice and join the job also???

Abhishek Nanda (B.Com) (36 Points)
Replied 09 October 2014

Hello Sir

Actually i bcom graduate in 2012 after that , i am start my carrier as an accountant in mnc company. but i want to plan for take an admission in C.A. So could you please guide me that, am i eligible to take admission in CA.

RegardsA

Abhishek nanda

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: