2nd house loan with wife

Amit (Partner) (88 Points)

15 October 2012  

# I have a home in Jamshedhpur for which I have taken loan of 5 Lacs. Today balance is 2Lacs to be paid.  My Parents stay in the house.

# I have shifted to Kolkata and buying 2nd house for my work. I will take loan of Rs 26 Lacs. I will buy this home with my wife she will be co-owner and co-borrower and her first house.

# Bank is asking me to close the balance 2Lacs loan before they will sanction 26 Lacs loan.

My Few question are -

# Tax implication for my wife - 1.5Lacs on Intrest and 1 Lacs on Principal . Right ?

# Tax implicaton on me.

# For interest & principal payment can we decide on any such agreement that whatever money I pay from my Account I will take its advantange and whatever money she pays she will take its advantage on that money. I am not in favour of any ratio.

# How to make such agreement, on stamp paper?? Need to declare the agreement with Bank and Income Tax Department ??

# I have learned that 1 property to be choose as letout even if i have not rent it out ???

if yes then which property to choose ? Also how to find its rental value ? Its tax implication on me.

Also after my 2nd home loan is closed even then I need to choose 1 property as let out

Thanks
Amit