20% tds deducted after submitting the pan to the bank but they failed to link

Prudhvi (Private Employee) (23 Points)

19 July 2019  

While Doing FD only i have submitted the Pan(shown in there system that is already registered but not linked properly) and they failed to link that in there in the bank system which lead to deduction(5 digits amount) of 20% interest where i didn't got any message to submit 15G and after checking my efilling when i went to the bank and said that my tds is not reflecting in 26AS and asked him to give form 16 to file a return denied by saying we are unable to generate,the manager simply said that u didn't given any pan and told me to show the Acknowledgement of pan where they didn't issued me at that time after submitting pan while doing FD's and we can't do anything and we can't raise form 16 and given free advice that Go and consult any auditor. When i consulted some known they said that form 16 is needed but the bank is not issuing and the manager is not ready to accept there mistakes and without showing in 26AS and Form 16 how come a taxpayer submit there It returns because of the carelessness of some Bank employees.