"TIPS FOR WRITING THANK U NOTE "

(Guest)
How to Write a Thank You Note for a Gift

Things You'll Need:

• Pen
  • Thank you card or blank note card
  1. Step 1

Get out the pen and paper! Handwritten notes are more personal and generally better appreciated than email or typed notes.

2. Step 2

After greeting the note's recipient, start by saying something other than "thank you". If you saw the person recently, mention how nice it was to see them. If not, write that you hope they are doing well.

Ex: Dear Aunt Kathy,
    I'm so glad you were able to celebrate my birthday at the party last week.

OR

Dear Aunt Kathy,

I hope this note finds you happy and healthy.

3. Step 3

Next, thank the person for the gift. Use words like generous, thoughtful, and sweet, but be sincere. Describe the gift in detail using a few adjectives. If the gift was money, refer to it as a "gift" and list an appropriate way you plan to use it. This part of the note should be 2-3 sentences.

Ex: Thank you so much for the cute purple . It was so thoughtful of you to remember my favorite color, and I can't wait to wear it to school this fall!

OR

Thank you very much for the generous birthday gift. I plan on buying some great souvenirs on my upcoming beach vacation.

4. Step 4

If you did not start the note by wishing the person well, you can end it that way. If you did, you may add another pleasantry, such as saying you hope to see them soon. Sign your name, and you're done!

Ex: I hope you and Uncle Jim are enjoying your summer!

Love,

Bob

OR

I look forward to seeing you next month at the family reunion!

Love,

Bob