Just Scrap It!!!

Dhaval K.Toprani (CA-IPCC Student) (1150 Points)

16 May 2011  

Friends,
Off late we’ve been facing the trouble of unprofessional posts, non-value adding replies and a rat-race to get maximum points and thanks etc. All this just to get T-Shirts and I-Pods...
Agree? Read ahead...Disagree? Surely read ahead....

So what needs to be done...how do we stop people from getting involved in this vicious system of incentives??
Simple, Scrap the system...No points, No gifts...then we shall surely see a marked improvement in the quality of the posts. Obviously there shall be a fall in the number of posts we see everyday. But I suppose nobody will mind that as we all want to see quality and not quantity.

Why nobody should have a problem with it?
As knowledge sharing is not done just for points...so someone who opposes the scrapping will surely be the one who shares posts with a materialistic purpose...

Why it must have started?
I assume it was done as an incentive to get more members in at the start but now this is one big family and its quite popular too so I guess the need for incentives no longer exists..
It can be compared to the Constitution of India. When Dr. Ambedkar proposed Quotas for the backward classes. He meant to do it for a period of say one or two decades but then politicians now use it as their vote bank..

So if you agree with scrapping of points being implemented then please leave a comment on this post..so that we can take this to the Admin then..
Also I request the Admin not to close this post down..