Career v/s job

seeker (JUNIOR OFFICER) (227 Points)

19 March 2013  

I have a question to you

Suppose you are working in one of great company of india getting a package of  around 10 Lacs. Your designation is of Asst.Manager.

What will you think, I hope great

Now

If you are getting promotion every four years and getting a raise in salary also, Company has no late sittings, it is only 08 hrs job.

What will you think even more great.

Now the opposite side

You are doing same kind of work which you were doing when you joined in organization 15 years ago even after 05 promotion what will be your state of mind.

Bad.

You are not learning any thing new, Your market value is decreasing as you are not getting managerical work though your designation is a manager. Your career is stagnated , Due to your higher CTC you can not even think of a change.

Moreever kind of money you are getting does not match with responsibility you are performing. situation is same for the person sitting above you.

what will you think -worse.

you are now totally dependent on the perfomance of  company once a young energetic chap has been turned into a slow, dull middle aged man.All these years you have done routine task which has a learning period of just 07-08 months.

So my advice to my young friends with my experience of life.

is Never see Big name, money in initial years of life, 

Look for work , Learn newer and newer skills , Do not stay in a single  company more than 4-5 years, move to another organization with a jump and new responsibility and challange. Award comes after challange.

and never loose heart. stay focussed to your goal. Market always respect and in need of hard worker knowledgable people.

Never see size of ther organization you are joining, see the work you will learn, on the basis of this work only you will make ladder to rise  in life.

and finally look for a career not a job. CA is a career which has so much potential, different avenues to succed , once your master any of its branch you are master of your destiny.

REGARDS